- This event has passed.
BSEACD & HTGCD Neighborhood Site Visits
October 31, 2019
Neighborhood Site Visits
Water level tracking is particularly important in Edwards and Trinity wells, because water levels fluctuate substantially during drought and wet periods. When home owners know the depth of their pump, a water level measurement can show how much water is above the level of the pump.
2019 Neighborhood Site Visits
This year’s Neighborhood Site Visit program is brought to you by a collaboration between the Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District and the Barton Springs Edwards Aquifer Conservation District.
Participating landowners not only get the opportunity to learn more about their well, but measurements taken during the visits also provide a useful snapshot of water levels in the area and aid in identifying wells that could serve as periodic monitoring sites.
Site visits are free of charge. During visits, staff will take a water level measurement (if possible), measure basic water quality, and share these data with well owners.
The three site visit areas include:
• Oct. 29 & 31: Falconwood, Summer Mt. Ranch, Hugo, RR12 South
• Nov. 5 & 7: Hilliard
• Nov. 12 & 14: Saddleridge
Ready to participate? SIGN UP HERE
- Check available dates and sign-up for a slot for your neighborhood.
- Before your site visit: Staff will research well records prior to the visit (See tips and tricks to search for well records online). If you do have any well drilling records or pump depth information ready, this would assist staff on the day of your site visit. Reminder emails will be delivered prior to your site visit date. Limited spots are available so, if you must, please cancel, or update your signup promptly.
- During the visit: Staff will take a water level measurement (if possible), measure basic field parameters (pH, conductivity, total dissolved solids, etc.) and screen for nitrate/nitrites. All records and results are shared with the participating well owner.
- After the visit: Participating well owners will receive a results letter documenting their specific measurements and an overview of area observations.